At time like this where the whole world is affected by this coronavirus, you will able to see who the capable leaders are, and who are not. But as a matter a fact, we are all leaders, leading in a small group or a big group. The first person you need to lead is yourself. So how are you leading yourself at this time of crisis? Because in most cases, in times of crisis many leaders find themselves unprepared to carry the mantle.
So what can you do to lead yourself through this time of crisis?
- Accept the fact. It is here and will be here for a while, a long while. Do not deny. Denial will only slow you down in your journey of recovery.
- Stop reading all the social media messages that are negative in nature. It may influence you as well if you are not capable in handling it.
- Stop complaining. Stop blaming someone for this. It will not help you in solving this situation. In fact it will get you into worse situation, in some serious case, depression.
- Be Positive and Cheer Up. Look at the bright side. It gives you time to rethink your direction in life which you did not have last time.
- As the situation has change, it will change the whole world in many ways. So do not expect things will be like normal. Time to rethink your strategy. Stop complaining, “Who moved my rice?” It is time to think of new direction, new goals that will bring you the bowl of rice at your table.